THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Click here to visit me at my new digs, easyreaderediting.com/blog, right on my website. Same content you've come to know and love, but everything's together on the same site. See you there!

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Coffee Chat 11.0 with S.K. Anthony: Everything and Nothing from A to Z

Good morning! S.K. and I are having a tough week. Things have been busy on all fronts, with S.K. working on Static, and me . . . doing something important, I’m sure. I can’t tell you exactly what I’ve been doing, but it sure has kept me occupied.

S.K. will join us in a moment, after her first cup of coffee has been completely consumed. I’ve already had two, which is probably the only reason why I’m typing with any coordination at all. Busyness makes me tired. I think there are certain seasons when we’re busier than others, and for me, March (or spring in general) has always been that time. Even though I have that frantic “gotta get the inside projects done before the weather gets nice” feeling, I’m still not able to channel all that into actual productivity.

We’re going to keep this short this week, and I’ll tell you why. Oh, wait, here comes S.K.! Hey, happy day to you and all that.

SKA: Get yourself together, S.K.! Ahem, sorry, I needed to have a self-talk-to. Hey, Lynda! You don’t know how happy I am that these chats are not in video. Feel free to ignore the bird nest that is my hair. It’s all the static from Static staticking me around . . . I can’t breathe! Coffee. I need more.

[Walks around in circles.]

Yeah . . . so, I might be in the middle of a Static-breakdown. But you know, what’s up with you? Are you not telling us what you’ve been up in fear of blowing our minds?

ER: I wouldn't say mind-blowing. Perhaps mind-numbing. The mundane is threatening to overtake me. I'm drowning in a sea of Post-It notes. What I've been working on is—[Looks up and gets a good eyeful of S.K. for the first time since she's entered the room.]—Yikes! You look as bad as I do! And why are there socks sticking to your back? I'm fighting the urge to shout, "Twenty-three nineteen!" and stuff a cone over your head.*

And readers, if you ever see us doing a video blog, you'll know we've hired 20-something, glamorous supermodels to portray us, and not because they're dead ringers for the way we look every day.

Anyway, S.K., I know you've been working on Static a lot, but I also know you've been busy with some of the same things I have. My busiest moments over the last couple weeks have been getting my blog posts ready for the A to Z Blogging Challenge that starts on April 1st. Has it been the same for you?

SKA: Umm, yeah. It seemed like the last sixteen letters went on forever. And ever. And ever.

ER: Hallelujah! Hallelujah! . . . uh, sorry, I was caught up in the moment.

SKA: [Glares.] But eventually I finished them and I think it will be clear to people which letters were the most problematic. You might think I have time to fix them and make changes, but if I do, I’ll be robbing my few readers of some serious eye rolls. I don’t want to do that. I’ll let them have their moments 'cause I’m that nice. (And that tired.)

I also have my post ready for tomorrow’s BIG A to Z Theme Reveal. I’m excited to find out what everyone will be posting about in April.

ER: I had the same issue: I had ten more letters, and I did a whole lot more and had . . . nine more letters. And then I did a WHOLE lot more, and still had nine letters. I'm still not sure how that worked out. But now they're done, done, done, and just waiting in my "scheduled" folder for their own days in April. I'm excited to visit new blogs, familiar blogs, you name it. I've been scouting out a few each day to see which ones might interest me most. There are over 1200 participants!

I'm ready for tomorrow, too, with my A to Z Theme Reveal. There are almost 270 participants in the reveal, so we'll get a lot of sneak peeks.

SKA: Oooh! Can’t wait to make the rounds. My laptop is charged, coffee is set, and my fingers are all stretched and ready to go!

ER: All right, then. Let's get a good night's rest so we can handle all the excitement tomorrow. Next week, we'll be answering the questions we've been receiving, so if you have any more for us, either put them in the comments here or send them to Lynda.





As always:

You can find S.K. Anthony in a number of places. She's on Twitter @SKathAnthony, her website is www.skanthony.com, her Facebook page is S Katherine Anthony, and on occasional occasions, she'll be right here with me, drinking coffee and laughing it up over our latest plans and schemes. And possibly even talking about books and writing. 

You can find me here. I'm always here.

17 comments:

  1. 270? 270? I mean... 270? As in 270?

    Wow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's just for the reveal...!

      Not too intimidating...

      Delete
    2. Oh nooooooo. Nope, not at all intimidating...it's nothing compare to the 1200+ actual participants. O_O

      Delete
    3. I guess I won't be able to follow them all, huh?

      Delete
    4. It certainly is a lot of people. I've been trying to visit a few here and there, bookmarking the ones I think will be interesting. I'm going to aim for as many each day as possible while still trying to have a life, and try out a few randomly chosen surprises each day. Pick a number, any number...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you'll be busy! BTW, thanks for the tip for cleaning my pot. Boiling water and vinegar, and then scrubbing with baking soda worked like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I've burned enough pots in my time. Glad it worked for you. I hope your hubby doesn't have a bad rep now in the eyes of your blogger friends. :)

      I'm really going to try hard to visit and comment on as many blogs as I can fit in. That will be the real challenge for me, now that the posts are ready.

      Delete
    2. Ice and salt in a warm pot works well too.

      Delete
    3. I totally have to try that for my pot now! Maybe after I'm not so busy, first I must get one of my pots prepped and in need of that kind of cleaning. I'm sure I can make it happen lol

      Delete
    4. I believe someone on Sherry's blog said her husband burned peanut butter in one of their pots. Peanut butter.

      If he can do it, you can, too! Go, S.K., go!

      Delete
    5. Uhhmmmm Peanut butter in a coffee pot? (confused look) Was he making a ReesesTM, coffee?

      Delete
  3. I am anticipating next weeks Q&A with much excitement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you have an investment in our answers, after all. It seems the biggest question is, "What is WRONG with you two ladies?" so we may have to work on a satisfactory answer there...

      Delete
    2. Oh James, you best hold on to your floor or you'll fall right through!

      (Okay, Lynda...now we have to come up with something that can cause an earthquake...hurry and think something up o_0)

      Delete
    3. This is why we'll never be able to do a live chat. Nobody would understand us and we'd be typing so fast that they'd never have a chance to jump in anyway.

      Delete
    4. Just so you know. There is nothing wrong with you ladies the problem is with everyone else. (whispering and jabbing his thumb toward the door)

      Delete
    5. At least we're not the ONLY people who think that.

      Delete