THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Click here to visit me at my new digs, easyreaderediting.com/blog, right on my website. Same content you've come to know and love, but everything's together on the same site. See you there!

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Coffee Chat 13.0 with S.K. Anthony: We’re Back!

Hey, everyone, S.K. here. I’m back from my Jamaica trip, woot! I’m trippin’ while troopin’ and sneakin’ around. Yes, I said sneakin’ around. I’m back to my shenanigans because, well, I can’t help myself. No problem, mon! [Opens Lynda’s door.] It’s a good thing I made myself a copy of Lynda’s house keys. Keep it quiet and follow me . . .

ER: [Startles awake.] Holy cannoli! You scared me! [Realizes it's really S.K. beside the bed.] YOU'RE BACK!

SK: Shhh! You're going to wake up your husband! Come on, let’s get started. I took the liberty of warming up the banana nut muffins I found in your kitchen and made a fresh pot of coffee, mon.

ER: [Yawning.] You seem to have taken a lot of liberties, as far as I can tell . . . mon. [Looks over at Tim, miraculously still sleeping.] Um . . . give me a minute and I'll be right down.

. . . Five minutes later . . .

SK: [Sitting in the kitchen, wiping crumbs off face.] There you are, LynLyn, it took you long enough. I can’t wait to catch up! The A to Z challenge left me tired and my vacation left me relaxed. What did you do while I was gone?

ER: I'm pretty sure I just cried. I don't really remember much after you texted me to say goodbye. [Looks around.] Didn't you say there were muffins?

SK: Oh, well there were only three . . . and you took forever to get ready. One thing led to another and I finished it all, but don't worry about it, you can make more if you want.

So did you get a chance to rest after the big A to Z challenge ended?

ER: Well, I did a little thing I like to call “Finally Getting Something Else Done.” On Thursday, I tried to do Coffee Chat without you but I gave up after I couldn't think of any questions that didn't end with "why am I not in Jamaica?" I wrapped up the first rounds of a book edit on Friday, and Saturday and Sunday were busy with things that didn't go in A to Z order, didn't need my Red Pen of Doom, and didn't require a comment.

Did you think of me every day you were gone? I bought some of those little umbrellas for your coffee like one of the Coffee Chat commenters suggested. I thought maybe they would make the transition back to reality a nice one.

SK: “Finally Getting Something Else Done!” This I have yet to achieve. I just got back, unpacked, and now the laundry is sitting there mocking me, but hey, at least I had some yummy muffins to help me feel better, and those little umbrellas will sure help even more. Did I think of you every day I was gone? Definitely. Except not really. A little bit? Ahem, I mean . . . of course! I thought I was suffering from Internet withdrawals, but it must have been you I was missing.

Now I’m back to the grind and I'm slowly catching up with blogs. I missed the last two days of A to Z and it almost seems like everything else piled up right along with the challenge. It's a shame really. There are so many awesome bloggers and I don't want to miss their creative posts. Speaking of the challenge, of all the new blogs you discovered, give me one of your favorite A to Z bloggers. Yes, only one. Otherwise we will never finish this chat.

ER: Ava Quinn at Tongue in Cheek had me laughing every single day.

And I won a book on TheWriteGame, C. Lee McKenzie’s blog! All because I didn't know who anyone in her posts was, but kept trying anyway. Her cat loves me. Loves. Me.

SK: I didn't know anyone either and yet you won it? You bullied that cat! I'm sure of it . . . nicely played, Lynda. Nicely played.

My top favorite was Michelle over at Writer-in-Transit with her interactive posts. I loved the different book illustrations she provided for us to caption.

ER: Me too! That was a great one. Did you have any blogs you "found" that surprised you? I tracked down all my new commenters; I enjoyed a lot of flash fiction, random stuff, and my "surprise like" blog was Sue McPeak's CollectinTexas Gal. Sue took old forgotten photos and created short fiction around them. So creative and intriguing!

SK: Yes! I never really gave quilting much thought until I "met" Fanny Barnes Thornton. I found myself fascinated by her work; they're all a piece of art. One of my favorite lines of hers was: "Some quilts are like novels - they're never finished or have to be re-worked, and you can spend about the same amount of time on them." I can see how this is true, even if I've never done a quilt myself. It's just amazing how all types of artists—as different as we all are—can share the same experiences.

Did you have any favorite post or comments from your own challenge? I really enjoyed all of YOUR replies on “Cliché” day. So hilarious! And your commenters were by far the best and most fun, they were all interacting with each other and it almost seemed like an all day party over here, especially on “X” day. Well, a party that lasted the whole month with nightly breaks, that is.

ER: My cliché comments were the cat’s meow. The bee’s knees. And a pain in the butt, but well worth the effort. “X” day’s comment’s? Ohhh . . . My commenters in general made the challenge great for me.

SK: I’m not sure about mine. I did enjoy reading about my fellow twitchilators a.k.a. OCD peeps. It’s always nice to know you’re not the only weirdo around, ya know?

ER: There’s great comfort in that. Then again, you’re talking to the weirdo who came up with a dumb A to Z haiku every day for Raymond Esposito’s Writing in a Dead World. And you purple prose-d him almost to death with your comments on his blog. It’s nice to have friends we can abuse.

SK: I did and boy, I had fun with that! Since time was the most challenging aspect of the whole A to Z thing, I didn’t get a chance to visit as many bloggers as I’d hoped. I plan on still checking out participants in the future . . . after I catch my breath a little bit. How about you? Wanna do some stalking with me?

ER: I’m with you, stalking buddy! That’s the great thing about the A to Z: those posts will still be around, and better late than never, I say, when it comes to blog visits.

SK: It sure was fun! A to Z Challenge 2015, get ready for us! We might even do a joint series to kick things up a notch. What do you guys think? A Coffee Chat A to Z Theme—yes, no, maybe? Hmm . . . ideas are swirling!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Before you go share with us: Who were some of your favorite A to Z bloggers?



As our blogging challenge did end, a few great bloggers had us in joy, kneeling from the laughter many new and old posters quietly and randomly shared. To us very brave wonderful xantax-free yet zesty A to Z challengers, Cheers!


As always:

You can find S.K. Anthony in a number of places. She's on Twitter @SKathAnthony, her website is www.skanthony.com, her Facebook page is S Katherine Anthony, and on occasional occasions, she'll be right here with me, drinking coffee and laughing it up over our latest plans and schemes. And possibly even talking about books and writing. 



You can find me here. I'm always here.

62 comments:

  1. Katherine, I am honoured (English) to have been mentioned in this post. I'd had nightmares about goats' hair or sheep's teeth, or even my OCD, but all is well. I can tell you can keep a secret. I can't bake so I'll have to buy some muffins, just in case you ever get my keys.
    I would rather have taken a trip than do my laundry, too.
    I learned lots about yummy fruits from Sharon Himsl (Shells, Tales, Sails), and had some nostalgic reminders about those stars of the silver screen at Birgit's BB Creations. Eileen T (In My Playroom) provided words used in dialects, and I rekindled an interest in poetry at Mainely Write and The Poetry Wagon. Too many great blogs to mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, Fanny! I enjoyed your quilts as well, and I'm inspired to finish a couple of my own (very small) quilting projects. I'll have to check out the blogs you've mentioned, since I never got to those particular ones.

      Delete
    2. It was tough to decide between quoting you about the sheep's teeth or the quilt/novel analogy, so . . . I flipped a coin. Thank you, Fanny, for sharing your work. :)

      Delete
  2. That was cool you won the book at Lee's place. Followed several of those Challenge participants and there were some great posts. Hard to pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could repeat the same congratulations to you, as far as Lee's books. You won because you knew everyone, and I won because the cat felt bad for me. I can live with that. :)

      Delete
  3. Now I want banana nut muffins…. :)

    I love the line about how "some quilts are like novels" - what a great analogy!

    Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah . . . I wanted banana nut muffins, too . . .

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, me too. Lynda, umm, would you be a doll and—hey, hey! Put the bat down . . . *Runs away*

      Delete
  4. yay, coffee chat is back. Glad to see everyone is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a bit intimidating to be here for the first time...I mean, I'm not called 'OverDoSue' for nothin'...what if I overdo on cliché's...OMG (see there's a new trend overdone one). Anywho, (oops) I'm on my second cup with no muffin...not even a crumb, and I don't see Brandon the DoNutGuy, so I'll state my piece...yikes...and be on my way...eye roll.

    SK...welcome back Miss Piggy...I don't know you well enough to say that, but I came here thinking there would be muffins. I do hope you had a fun time in Jamaica. Lynne...OMG, really, I am blown away with your mention of my blog as a 'Surprise Like'...thank-you! I'm always surprised with what I come up with for posts. I honestly do not know where it comes from, but neither did my Mother. She always blamed me on my Father.

    Ya'll have a great day! (see I'm just one cliché after another)
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no problem mon! There will be muffins. Lynda will make more . . . umm, can you ask her to make more? Please? o_0

      I have to go stalk your blog, OverDoSue! Nice to "meet" you and thanks for insulting me right away. My kinda gal! :P

      Delete
    2. Please, Lynne. Thank-you! Make extra for SK....smile!

      Whew, SK. I don't usually run on folks I just meet. Please help yourself to two muffins...Friends?!!

      Delete
    3. Good Grief....sorry LYNDA...I'll blame that on the keyboard even tho I was a contender for 50wpm's with less than 25 errors in Typing I.

      Delete
    4. Sounds like the two of you have it all wrapped up nicely. I'll just get back to the kitchen. :) Or maybe I'll wait for Brandon to show up with chocolate croissants.

      Delete
  6. easy breezy coffee chat - nice way to start the day. I enjoyed your A to Z blog and indeed CollectinTexas Gal blog is a new fave. Heather Graham's Stormy the gnome was a hoot. Lots of good reads in April. I did not get to near enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...thanks Joanne, my fellow Texan. Your WORD SPLASH is a new fave of mine, too. You get the prize for Future Character Names.

      Delete
    2. I didn't get to near enough either, Joanne. Ha! Stormy was a hoot and I enjoyed learning all about that gnome. CollectinTexas Gal? I missed it for the whole challenge! *gasp* The stalking shall commence soon . . .

      Delete
    3. Joanne, thank you for the tiny umbrella suggestion last week. Those babies have helped S.K. to acclimate nicely. Much, much better than my tropical bikini made of palm fronds and large fruit.

      Stormy! That was a good one, too, that I caught almost every day.

      Delete
  7. Hey, that's me! My name is there! Yay! *does the happy dance* Thanks for the mention ladies!
    I'm so glad you enjoyed my "babbling books" theme (as one blogger so fondly referred to it)
    I loved both your themes.
    Lynda, I was about to ask for a muffin, but I don't want to be evicted from the chat session. I do like the banana ones... or lemon/poppy seed... okay, any flavour will do...

    SK, I've come to this conclusion... I think that secretly, you've been working undercover over at Wordspy. OR seems like somebody there has hijacked your brain... LOL
    Which one is it?? Come on 'fess up girl!

    Now I've got to try and get to some of the blogs you mentioned above-----

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's you! That's you! I just had so much fun with it . . . as you already know, 'cause I've told you that about a hundred times by now. o_0

      Wordspy? They hijacked my brain. Those stealorrists!

      Delete
    2. Michelle, believe me, if I had any muffins—any at all—I would have shared them. I'm pretty sure I would have. Yes. Yes, I think I would have.

      I like the term "babbling books!" I only wish I'd been full of creativity more often than not. What can I say? When I'm hot, I'm hot. When I'm not, well . . . you know how it goes.

      S.K., "stealorrists" is one of your best words EVAH!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Awesome. Our work here is done! :D

      Delete
    2. We're just so happy to be up to our old tricks again! Good to see you, Nana!

      Delete
  9. Very entertaining! Glad you two are "together" again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As are we! Though, I'm not sure if Lynda is ticked off I ate all her muffins . . .

      Delete
    2. Aw, she'll forgive you, I'm sure.

      Delete
    3. Because she sent me an extra-special travel mug as a surprise gift, I'm willing to bake extra muffins next week. Maybe even a batch of cinnamon rolls to make sure I get something to eat, too.

      Delete
  10. I love starting my day with coffee and blog reading. These coffee chats seem like a ton of fun... except when your chat buddy up and leaves for Jamaica. Then, not so much. Welcome back, S.K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin!
      Though, I didn't do it for selfish reasons . . . oh wait, yes I did. But we can blame the hubby for that one. How dare he take me to Jamaica for some fun, rum, and sun? Selfish I tell ya!

      Delete
    2. I guess I can deal with selfish reasons as long as we can blame your hubby for wanting to steal you away. Fair's fair, though; next time, he has to take me.

      Glad you stopped by today, Robin!

      Delete
  11. Greetings human, S.K. and Lynda,

    As pawdicted, the alphabet challenge that goes on and and on. Anyway, what fun chats over coffee. My human drinks way too much coffee. Visualise some weird dude with his eyebrows stuck to his forehead and you get the picture :)

    An excellent list of your favourite bloggers! I'm thrilled to note that all of them are amongst my adoring human fans. It was good to see those bloggers with a bit of originality. If I see another "A is for Apple", I shall howl so loud that I'll wake up the neighbours and alert the "puparazzi" as to my whereabouts.

    Who were some of my favourite A to Z bloggers? Actually, I rather enjoyed the alternative challenge to this one. They visited by their zillions to check out The Alphabark Challenge, 2014! Indeed, be different and doing our own thing, with little fanfare, make me one contented dog.

    And yes, I did notice that sentence that incorporated all the letters of the alphabet! :)

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny, the cordial host of the Alphabark Challenge, 2014! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny and Gary, I do think the two of you had the right idea, doing the Alphabark Challenge in two shots. I had to fight my way through the crowds of zillions just to be able to post a comment, though. Tickets were going for outrageous prices . . . next year, I shall purchase mine in advance.

      I also noticed the two of you were mentioned on a great number of blogs throughout the month, and I'm beginning to think you're a pretty popular pair. Must be all those pawsitive wishes!

      Delete
    2. Unpawlievable! I did not get to your blog during the challenge, Penny and Gary. No matter. The challenge is over but new connections are not. Nice to "meet" you. :D

      Delete
  12. Welcome back! I obviously miss a lot not being a coffee drinker! I think a joint A to Z challenge for 2015 would be great for the two of you. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, don't fret. We'll drink your share of coffee and will make sure to tell you how great it was. And thank you for the vote for the joint A to Z for 2015!

      Delete
    2. To be honest we get excited when someone tells us they don't drink coffee . . . means more for us. :D

      Delete
  13. Banana nuts muffins sound amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just stumbled on this site...how cool to find you two lovely ladies together :)

    Shame on you for bullying the cat ;)
    why wasn't I in Jamaica is a very good question,
    and Fanny has me thinking of quilting too!

    Not like I have time, but I'm making a plan for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is our favorite place to be: drinking coffee together while we chat.

      No cats were bullied in the winning of my book. That's only a rumor started by the non-winner, whose name I shall graciously not mention. :)

      Delete
    2. Pffft lies! She bullied that cat!

      Time for quilting . . . yeah, I don't have it either, but eventually . . . eventually it will happen :)

      Delete
  15. My favorite line is "you can make more if you want". It sounds similar to stuff my kids said when they were about ten or younger.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that line seems to be heard frequently around this house.

      Delete
    2. But I mean it's the truth . . . why fret? Just make more. :P

      Delete
  16. Banana Nut Muffins? And you didn't call me?

    You two need to do Stand Up Comedy. I'll buy a ticket to the show.

    And, yes, Lynda, my cat does love you. She loves Banana Nut Muffins as well, so be sure to have SK buy extra next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have them ready for next time, for sure!

      The Stand Up Comedy . . . no way Lynda gives me two minutes to get a word in. She loves to talk, that one! lol

      Delete
    2. We'll be sure to make enough muffins for you, your cat, and anyone else who stops by, Lee! Word on the street, though, is that you have to get here pretty early. Like make-your-own-key-and-break-in-while-I'm-sleeping early. Just make sure you haunt the correct side of the bed.

      LOL, oh, S.K., I'm pretty sure I let you talk once. Maybe even twice.

      Delete
  17. Pass the coffee and just hook it straight up to an IV if you can. I've only had 10 cups today...

    Comments definitely made the challenge, and we had a lot of fun visiting participants. In other words, we had all of the fun of interacting without actually having to post every day. You really can't beat that kind of efficient laziness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more reason to like you: love of coffee binds us together.

      I want to be efficiently lazy! I'm going to guess, though, that trying will negate any of the laziness aspect. I already know I don't want to be only efficient.

      I'm glad you guys got to enjoy the challenge as much as anyone else. You probably ended up with more followers just from all of us traveling like a pack of Charlie Brown trick-or-treaters over to your blog on Mondays.

      Delete
    2. I'm currently in the practice phase but have yet to master efficient laziness. I'll just go snort some more coffee beans then try again . . .

      Delete
  18. Such fun repartee between you two ladies.... Wonderful spin on the A-Z... Such an enjoyable post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michael! I can't believe the number of times S.K. has broken into my house since we started Coffee Chat in December of last year . . . I mean, how much fun we've had. It's been an adventure a minute.

      I'm so glad to have "found" your blog during A to Z!

      Delete
    2. I have NOT broken in . . . I've been invited in . . . by umm . . . ME. o_0

      Thank you Michael, for stopping by!

      Delete
  19. This is a great post, such fun to read. Oh, and congratulations on winning the book. Now it's time for coffee. :-)
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Debi, it's *always* time for coffee! We're here every Thursday!

      Delete
    2. Congratulations on bullying a cat successfully you mean, Debi. :P

      Delete