THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Click here to visit me at my new digs, easyreaderediting.com/blog, right on my website. Same content you've come to know and love, but everything's together on the same site. See you there!

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Coffee Chat 16.0 withOUT S.K. Anthony: She's Done It Again!

Hi, everyone. Today's post focuses on something I've gone through recently in my life. It's a serious issue I've struggled with, and I'm not sure why it seems to keep happening, but I'm hoping that sharing it with all of you will help to stop the cycle in its tracks. 

Yes, S.K. has once again gone on vacation without me.

I know, you're probably saying it's not a big deal. People go on vacation all the time. And my recent vacation to Nashville really has nothing to do with this, even though I got to see a bunch of Corvettes and a sinkhole in Louisville, Kentucky, on the way down to Tennessee. The point is, this is a disturbing trend. I was left in Pennsylvania when she went to Jamaica—her husband was pretty insistent that I stay here, in fact—and now I'm still in PA while they vacation at Lake George.

S.K. and I used to vacation together quite a bit, back in the day.
I remember her wedding day like it was yesterday . . .
Central Park was the place to be!

And the honeymoon in Chichén Itza? SO much fun!
Climbing the Kukulkan Pyramid was tough, but I managed it with grace and style.
Our trip to Maui was wonderful!
I wasn't able to get the tan S.K. did, but my calves were
in GREAT shape from all that hiking around the volcano.





I'm not quite sure why I don't tan like she does . . .
or why my face doesn't get as golden as my arms do . . .
but our trip to Vegas was still a lot of fun. Here we are at the Mirage!



We went on a cruise, and embarrassingly enough, I forgot my special dress
and had to borrow a suit and tie from her husband. I still looked terrific, though,
since he has good taste.

When S.K. was 28 weeks pregnant, I did it again: I completely forgot my special dress.
Thank goodness her hubby is a good sport, and always packs extra clothes!



Our Dole Pineapple plantation tour was, I think,
one of the last plantation tours we were permitted to do.
It's complicated.


This one? I'm only including it because
I'm pretty sure S.K.'s husband doesn't read this blog.
It's a secret: I did go to Jamaica, just so we could have an ultra-cool duckface smoochie picture for the books.

I think maybe you can all understand now why I'm feeling a little left out this time. Still, I'm pretty sure our adventures aren't over. In fact, I can almost feel another one coming on . . . 

See you next Thursday!


As always:

You can find S.K. Anthony in a number of places. She's on Twitter @SKathAnthony, her website is www.skanthony.com, her Facebook page is S Katherine Anthony, and on occasional occasions, she'll be right here with me, drinking coffee and laughing it up over our latest plans and schemes. And possibly even talking about books and writing. 

You can find me here. I'm always here. 


31 comments:

  1. Brilliant photoshopping skills, as always...

    Whoops, I kind of ruined the magic there, didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photoshopping? I have no idea what you're talking about . . .

      Delete
    2. H.C. is tripping, Lynda. I'm certain of it . . .

      Delete
  2. At first I was going to say shame on SK, but seeing how many previous vacations you've shared, I don't feel so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can still say it. I'm pretty sure she's missing me terribly, so maybe I'll get to go on the next one.

      Delete
    2. Exactly Silver Fox! You'd think she'd be tired of me by now. She does look awesome in a suit though, doesn't she? :D

      Delete
  3. Hilarious post, but Katherine has no business going on vacations. Neither do you. I have to stay at home. Everybody should have to stay at home.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. She has no business going without either of us. I've been on one vacation with my hubby in the past fifteen years, and it was last month. She has a lot of nerve, enjoying herself all over the place.

      Delete
    2. X got married and took the new Mrs. X to Paris. Howdya like them apples? We were supposed to travel together when our kids were grown up, but he dumped me so he could travel with someone else. But I'm not bitter. Not me. Never bitter. Nope.

      Delete
    3. Umm, if I say my husband went on vacation and needed me to babysit the kids, does that make it okay? :P

      Glad neither one of my favorite editors have one bitter bone in their body. So glad.

      Delete
  4. She left without you again - how rude!
    The photos are hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living vicariously through the adventures of my friends seems to be what I do best these days.

      Delete
    2. In my defense, Alex, she went and found herself a day job. THAT'S the real reason I didn't bring her along. I wouldn't dare break a lifelong tradition for no good reason. And don't listen to her if she says I could have waited until she had vacation time . . . that's nonsense.

      Delete
  5. I hear Lake George is lovely this time of the year, but the beach has posted signs warning sun seekers to keep their tops on due to high levels of UV. Let's hope SK's husband heeds this warning for your sake...since he's been so accommodating in the past.

    So sorry you were left behind, but you have made the best of it with this mornings post....well done on getting in on the picture taking. Your 'Editor' skills are impressive.

    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good warning, Sue! No topless photos, please!

      Delete
    2. Ladies, it rained five out of the seven days we were there. No topless pics all around, phewwww! (Very good for writing time for me, though!)

      Delete
  6. Seriously cracking up here! Love, love, love the photos and it's just what I needed tonight. Thanks for sharing ladies :) Oh and S.K...still green over here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, it's just good to see you out and about. I was starting to think you were on a permanent vacation yourself. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh Deb, next trip is the three of us behaving . . . umm, a "writing and editing" trip (with wine and other drinks for inspiration purposes, of course).

      Delete
  7. Lynda, I think maybe it's nothing personal. Maybe SK's hubby just ran out of cool ties. But I love those pictures. You made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I shouldn't have kept the ties he let me borrow. He's such a snappy dresser, I figured he'd never miss them. It all makes sense to me now . . .

      Delete
    2. I didn't want to make you feel bad, Lynda, but it's true. That's the reason . . . maybe if we get him more ties for Christmas you can rejoin us next year!

      Delete
  8. Hey humans,

    I can totally understand you've been eagerly waiting for a comment from me. I read all of this and I looked at all your neato photos. You two ladies look adorable together. I know there is no photoshopping in your photos.

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always felt we were rather neato. Glad to hear someone agree with me, especially a modest internet superstar.

      And good eye on the lack of photoshopping. I can't believe these people who have accused us of doctoring the photos of our oh-so-special moments.

      Delete
    2. I agree. It's insulting if they think we'd do such a thing! Umm . . . o_0

      Delete
  9. You saw the sinkhole in the Corvette museum? I live in Nashville and we didn't head up to see it. I'd love to just visit the Corvette museum in general. That's one thing we haven't done in this area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sinkhole was pretty large and very . . . sinky. They made a whole new section of the museum just to feature the damaged cars, along with the story behind each one and why it had been donated to the museum in the first place. Some of them were barely scratched (the ones that fell in last) but others were almost beyond recognition as vehicles.

      I did love the '50s and '60s Corvettes the most. Such classic design.

      We also went through the Johnny Cash museum while we were down there. It was crowded but pretty interesting.

      Delete
    2. Yes, she did . . . and she didn't take me. Boo!

      Delete
    3. I didn't want to lose you in the sinkhole. After all, you did save me from falling in that volcano in Hawaii.

      Delete
  10. Very funny. So nice of her husband to allow you to borrow his suits. That guy is a SAINT.

    ReplyDelete