THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Click here to visit me at my new digs, easyreaderediting.com/blog, right on my website. Same content you've come to know and love, but everything's together on the same site. See you there!

Friday, December 9, 2016

Holiday Break in Progress


I'm finding it more and more difficult to keep up with even reading other people's blogs lately, much less getting together a post or two for my own, so I'm going to do myself a favor and declare a holiday break . . . mostly since I'm already taking one by default.

Hey, I may as well make it look like it was planned.

My job is crazier than crazy in November and December, and I must have been delusional to think I could maintain the blog through those months.

I aim to be back by mid-January, and if I can find a moment here or there to read your blogs, I will certainly comment to let you know I've visited.

Have a wonderful Christmas, Hanukkah, or winter solstice, if that's what you celebrate. And I'll see you for sure in a month or so! And in the meantime, please enjoy the handmade Christmas card I received last year from our very own Raymond Esposito. Still one of my all-time favorites: Santa and Baby Jesus fight the zombies. Warms my heart.


10 comments:

  1. I bet Jesus and Santa win.
    Take a break! And have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah. Even fresh from the manger, Jesus has it covered.
      You have a Merry Christmas, too!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your break, if possible. :) Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you, David! I will enjoy my December—despite its busyness, we really do have a lot of fun.

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a great holiday.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing card. It's nice to finally see SOMEONE telling the true story of Christmas. Bravo, Raymond.

    Oh, and have an awesome Christmas and a fantastic New Year, from the both of us (idiots)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope your Christmas and New Year hold a ton of fun! Catch you next year, guys.

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year, a wee sabbatical is all anyone needs to re-energize. I find that sometimes analyzing two or so lines from a good book or movie is enough to create 50+ words of curiosity and thats all it takes. I generally write 50 to 100 word blurbs myself so I dont agonize folks too much. Its okay to chill out and cool off. The alternate is warp speed ahead and burn out the engines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well! I only go to warp speed when I really need to, and thus avoid that burnout like the plague. I tried just pushing through the Christmas season before while still blogging and editing, and did no one any favors: not myself, nor my clients. Lesson learned.

      I'll be starting up my posts again on the 26th—I'm rested and ready to go!

      Delete