THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Click here to visit me at my new digs, easyreaderediting.com/blog, right on my website. Same content you've come to know and love, but everything's together on the same site. See you there!

Thursday, November 23, 2017

For All My Friends in the U.S. . . .


For all my friends in the U.S., I wish you a happy Thanksgiving. 

May your fat pants not become just "pants." 

May your turkey be thawed on time and not necessitate a tumble in the clothes dryer. 

May your relatives all have fun together—or go home early if they don't.

I'll be home, making the fun stuff (a.k.a. my super-fluffy homemade rolls, pumpkin pie, and other desserts) while my husband tackles the staples of the meal—he cooks the turkey better than I do because he likes turkey more than I do. It works well for us.

Have a wonderful weekend, don't trample Black Friday shoppers a mere twelve hours after being thankful for "everything," and give yourself some grace when you have to let out your bathrobe. That extra helping of all the dishes on the left side of the table only happens once a year.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you like what you're reading, I invite you to fill out the "Follow by Email" widget in the column on the right. You'll get my amazing insights right in your inbox! How thrilling is that? Or you can follow me on Instagram (as easyreaderediting) for completely different content—check out all that stuff on the upper right of my page where the Instagram feed is scrolling merrily along. I also have an Easy Reader Editing Facebook page I'd love for you to like and follow. I'm on Google+ as myself (Lynda Dietz) and my "follow" badge is . . . you guessed it, right there in the right-hand column for you to click. I try to share different things in each place so  life doesn't get predictable and boring, and you never know what you'll find—or whether I'll be sharing YOUR posts, too.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, my young friend! I exhorted everyone to find the love in the day; apparently humor works just as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humor and love are often interchangeable in my family. I hope you have a wonderful day with yours!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lynda,

    I sure hope you had a marvellous American Thanksgiving. As for Black Friday, the moronic mayhem is now part of the shopping ritual in the UK. Help!

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeek! Run the other way, Gary. Black Friday shopping is something I've never indulged in. People are maniacs, all to save a buck. But my day at home today was fun and relaxing, and I can sleep in tomorrow, so I'm ahead of the game. Glad to see you visiting again!

      Delete
  3. I'm writing this on Black Friday. I left the house only to visit a friend all day, so I can avoid the idiot shoppers and use his computer! Hope your Thanksgiving was great. Mine was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you have the sense to avoid the shoppers. My day was great, filled with a lot of laughs and extra friends our kids invited. Nothing like a bunch of 20-somethings to kick it up a notch. I made up for it by sleeping in today until almost noon; nine hours of sleep was the perfect finish.

      Delete
  4. I never thought of thawing the turkey in the dryer. That "clunk clunk" noise could become the sound of Thanksgiving on the way.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember who wrote it first, but I read a post years ago that said something like, "Pay no attention to the tribal drumming coming from the laundry room. It's not the turkey in our clothes dryer, no matter what the six-year-old tells you." I always think of it when Thanksgiving rolls around.

      "Clunk clunk" for Thanksgiving could be seen much like jingle bells for Christmas.

      Delete
  5. I hope you have/had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty wonderful, as holidays go. Food and laughter with no pressure to decorate or buy gifts.

      Delete