THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Click here to visit me at my new digs, easyreaderediting.com/blog, right on my website. Same content you've come to know and love, but everything's together on the same site. See you there!

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

J = Joint Partnerships Are Better Than Being a Loner

Welcome, A to Z bloggers, visitors, and of course all my faithful regular readers! This year's theme for my A to Z:
Short & Sweet Reasons Why You Need an Editor


So without further ado . . .

Joint partnerships are better than being a loner. Let's face it, no one can do it all, and everyone has a different skill set they bring to the table. Your strengths may be someone else's weakness, and vice versa.

This is where a good editor comes in.

Good editors will cheer for you! This is a wonderful bonus to hiring the right editor, regardless of what level of editing your work needs. We want your work to turn out in a phenomenal way, and we love helping you get there.

Why wouldn't we cheer? We're almost as excited as you are when we see the end results.

8 comments:

  1. I pretty much have been a loner, but don't dislike being with others. I do know I need someone to read mms tuff and where I live finding such people is scarce. I let one of my mom's friends read my what I have written, and when she read it, she got really critical!I want to try to get some of my fellow clients at work to read it, but am not sure how many will be interested in doing so. And yes, I know I will eventually need an editor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the trick to having others read your stuff is to make sure they know what you're looking for if you've asked for feedback. Having friends or clients read is difficult because they'll either give no useful feedback ("It was nice" or "I didn't have time to read it [five months later]," or they'll be overly critical because they don't know how to critique something in a useful way. If I were you, I'd look for betas online in readers/writers forums and supply your MS with a specific list of questions you'd like to have answered.

      Delete
  2. I'd certainly hope that my editor would cheer me on, because he or she is one of my earliest readers.

    Oh, by the way, I caught a typo: "This is a wonderful bonus to hiring the right editor, regardless of what level of edtiing your work needs." If I'd made that typo, I'd want my readers to tell me, so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Editors should be cheerleaders! Even the most introverted loners enjoy validation.

      And thank you for catching that typo. I'm off to fix it right away. This was the disadvantage of changing my theme three times and writing all the posts at the end of March instead of in February . . . my blog-checker, S.K. Anthony, was busy having a life and I didn't have her read everything first. I guess I'm proof that what I'm saying in my posts is true: everyone needs an editor.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynda - sounds like you've validated yourself here ... and I can quite understand - helping each other, while being independent is so valuable ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hate the idea that anyone would feel they need to go it alone.

      Delete
  4. Writers have to reach out and form partnerships with others... mutually beneficial relationships are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about the blogging community of writers. We're all in it together, and helping each other doesn't hurt ourselves in the least.

      Delete