THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Click here to visit me at my new digs, easyreaderediting.com/blog, right on my website. Same content you've come to know and love, but everything's together on the same site. See you there!

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Guest Post: C. Lee McKenzie Shares Her Latest Release

This is typically an "off" week for me, but I wanted to share some fun stuff with all of you while it's timely. Many of you already know C. Lee McKenzie as the author of Double Negative, The Princess of Las Pulgas, Sign of the Green Dragon, and many more young adult & middle-grade books. What you may not know is that she once gave me a donkey named Donkey to keep my pig, Live Bacon, company, came to my house for coffee, brought me homemade jam as a housewarming gift, and brought a yak named Hannibal to my backyard, but thankfully took him home with her at the end of the day.

But that's a tale for another tellin'. Today, I'm letting Lee take the reins so she can tell you about her newest book, the third in the Adventures of Pete and Weasel book series.

Lee, I'm so glad to have you as my guest, and can't believe it's been so long since you were here last. Enjoy yourself! My readers try their best not to be threatening.


***

I know you've just finished the A to Z, so I consider you a hero. I didn't do it this year. I just couldn't with two books coming out in the same month. Anyway, I love being here today on your blog during this launch. 


Some Very Messy Medieval Magic
May 15, Dancing Lemur Press, LLC

Some Very Messy Medieval Magic is the third book in The Adventures of Pete and Weasel. Alligators Overhead was the first and The Great Timelock Disaster the second. Instead of writing a tagline to explain what this series is about, here's the trailer that sums of the three books very quickly.



Here's how this latest adventure begins. 

         By the fourth week of eighth grade, everybody in class, including know-it-all, Curtis Lamont,  decided that having Dr. Dread Wraith as a teacher until June was going to be worse than a bowl of turnips for dessert.

The pop quizzes weren’t even a surprise anymore because he gave one almost every day. And all any kid had to do was squirm when Wraith was giving one of his lectures on the theory of general relativity, which nobody—even Weasel—had ever heard of, and he’d slap them with detention.

They cringed every time they heard his name. It was a cringe-able name after all. Pete wanted to tell the kids the reason Dr. Dread Wraith called himself that, but he didn’t want to bring up how their sub was really a bigwig in the Cross-Temporal Consortium of Witches and Wizards. Or that he had to go toe to toe with bad dudes like Genghis Khan. Like Wraith told him, without his bone-chilling name, he didn’t have the clout he needed.  


If Pete did explain all of that, then that would lead to having to explain how Wraith, who wasn’t really a bad guy, just a menace of a teacher, had followed Pete and Weasel back from their last time trip.  And that. . .well, that was just too much for any eighth grader to swallow.


All my books are available online. 

Some Very Messy Medieval Magic is available at these locations. 

AMAZON . B&N . KOBO  . SMASHWORDS . YABC 
Print ISBN 9781939844460 / EBook ISBN 9781939844477


Order through Ingram, Follett, or from the publisher

EBook available in all formats 

My publisher has created a library request letter that I'm including. If people want to check out the book, rather than buy a copy, this is one way to make that possible.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a book my youngest Barbarians, Jeckle, would like to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gotten to read this series yet, but I've read Lee's YA stuff and she really manages to capture the voice of the age groups she's writing about!

      Delete
  2. May 15 will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a hard time dealing with it already being May at all. But this is exciting stuff!

      Delete
  3. How come no one ever brings a yak to my house? I'm jealous.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hey, now, you got coffee from my butler-child. And a warm blanket.

      Delete
    2. But the snow in my coffee was yellow. I shan't forget that.

      Delete
    3. Well . . . there's that. I was hoping you'd forgotten somehow.

      Delete
  4. I love the series, and have read both Alligators Overhead and The Great Timelock Disaster!
    Lee has been one busy lady and she's doing a fab job with the promo.
    Over the past week, I've bumped into her all over BloggyVille, and also on Facebook and Twitter!
    Congrats once again, Lee!

    Lynda, hope you've recovered from the A to Z Challenge! *waving*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did survive, and thank you! I am still catching up with bloggers who participated, one at a time. I missed the reflections post window somehow, but that's okay. I'm not sure where my month has gone and it's already almost half done.

      I need to catch up on Lee's other books, and I'm happy to promote someone whose writing I enjoy so much. Plus, she's just a great gal.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like another great instalment! I've read Alligators Overhead, so need to catch up. Great idea to be getting into libraries too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great that we can not only ask our libraries, but that there's a simple form that makes it easy.

      Delete