THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Click here to visit me at my new digs, easyreaderediting.com/blog, right on my website. Same content you've come to know and love, but everything's together on the same site. See you there!

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Coffee Chat 15.0 with S.K. Anthony: Wing Me Up, Baby!



Hey party people! S.K. here. Come with me as I pull off the best stunt yet. I want to shock Lynda into possibly going speechless for at least ten seconds. How, you ask? Well, I'm showing up at the appointed time AND I'm not sneaking in. Ready? [Knocks on door.]

SK: Hi, Lynda!

ER: Who's out there? I have a cat—I mean, a gun! Yes, I have a gun and I'm not afraid to use it. [Clanking noises and meowing heard on the other side of the door. Puts on glasses to take a good look. Mouth opens and closes, but no sounds issue forth.]

SK: Yes, it's me. [Grins.]

ER: . . . but . . . but . . . are you okay? [Looks at watch, and back into the house to make sure S.K. really isn’t already in the house.]

SK: Of course I’m okay . . . for now . . . put the cat down! I'm not an alien or a clone. I just figured I'd be on my best behavior for once. You weren’t really going to throw AndyAndy at me, were you?

ER: Prove it's really you. What does the real S.K. do in the Loudermilks' band?

SK: I used to play maracas and the triangle, before I was "encouraged" to just dance in the background instead. The other me, Mildred Loudermilk, brings a more harmonious music to the band by not playing instruments or singing any notes. It’s a gift, really.

ER: It really IS you. But you're outside the door. I'm so confused. You'd think I'd be relieved to not find you beside the bed, or in the laundry room. [Sadly notes the pile of still-dirty laundry.] Well, come on in. What's today's topic?

SK: You know, I actually don't know what we should chat about. I figure we should wing it, and we can even show our readers a snippet of how we come up with our genius ideas. Whatcha think?

ER: I think it might frighten them. But speaking of winging it reminds me of our chat two weeks ago when we ran out of time due to . . . um . . . someone else's fault.

SK: Ha! Yes, I don't even remember what stupidity we came up with, but look at the snippet I found:

After we both threw several ideas around, you said:

ER: That's it for the great ideas. Pitiful. Just pitiful.
SK: We can just chat about nothing in particular.
ER: Hahaha. We can.
SK: "When Winging It is All We Got!"
ER: I can attach the Spongebob clip with him and Patrick saying, "I dunno, what do YOU want to do?"
SK: Do eeet! . . . Or, “We Got Wings!”
ER: Wing me up, baby!

I’m not sure anyone else can really follow that.

ER: Actually, that was probably one of our better chats. Especially since that kilt thing never panned out.

SK: We'll work on our kilt problem. For now I'm glad we had the “winging it” idea on the back burner 'cause it came in handy for today. Someone is running around like a wild chicken with three heads, and I'm not naming names, but Lynda, it's you.

So tell me, are you ready to give in to my way of life? Is the life of an insomniac sounding a bit more appealing to you? I don't want you to think I don't care what you have to say, but regardless of your answer, I brought you a couple boxes of coffee and a barrel of RedBull to carry you through. [Whispers.] Come over to the dark side . . . oh, umm sorry. I forgot I was supposed to be on my best behavior.

ER: I've thought about being an insomniac, and although the idea sure sounds appealing, I can't manage to stay awake long enough to enjoy it. Actually, I feel like a big wimp every time I start to get sleepy before 10 p.m., since I've always been a night person. Going to bed before 2 a.m. just seems so wrong. It goes against the musician in me.

SK: Well, I think you should try it. Look at me; I’m normal.

ER: As long as you've brought the RedBull, maybe I'll try it and give you a progress report. And by that, I mean I'll have to tell you if I make ANY progress on ANYTHING, since right now I'm just staying afloat.

Maybe we should talk about something book-related. Have you read any good books lately? 

SK: The last book I read was the third in the Bloodline Series by Richelle Mead, The Indigo Spell. I'm enjoying these books a lot. The fourth one is staring at me, while I eagerly wait for the fifth to be released this July. I'm trying to hold off on it to avoid getting too desperate before July. Book series, I love them but the wait kills me! What about you?

ER: I'm not even sure if I've read anything for pleasure in the past two months. I've wanted to, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count. I've read for edits, and the book I just finished was a pleasure to read, so I'm going to count it. Alice Reeds' Into the Unknown was a good one, and it's the first of three, so I'm looking forward to her second one whenever it happens. I also started Kergulen by R.A. White about a month ago, and because I haven't had much reading time, it's taking me much too long to finish it, although I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

SK: Oh, books, they’re the best at providing us an escape from the crazy things life throws at us—uh, Lynda? Are you falling asleep?

ER: Hey, I was reading that. I mean, drinking that. Weren’t we going to talk about books or something today? I’m not even sure if I’ve read anything for pleasure—

SK: [Interrupts.] If you say so. You know what? Go to your couch and rest your head on AndyAndy’s lap. I’ll take care of the rest.

Okay people, that’s enough. Get out of here and let Lynda sleep a bit. (And don’t you dare tell her I kicked you out so un-nicely. Her being exhausted takes a toll on me.) GO! . . . But, umm, come back next week so we can treat you to another lovely coffee chat. Bu-bye now.

Hugs and kisses,

S.K.



Yes, this really is Lynda's cat, AndyAndy, and he really does sit like that all the time.

As always:

You can find S.K. Anthony in a number of places. She's on Twitter @SKathAnthony, her website is www.skanthony.com, her Facebook page is S Katherine Anthony, and on occasional occasions, she'll be right here with me, drinking coffee and laughing it up over our latest plans and schemes. And possibly even talking about books and writing. 

You can find me here. I'm always here. 

35 comments:

  1. I couldn't stay awake long enough to be an insomniac either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She needs Redbull to be an insomniac? Clearly she hasn't had enough practice... or, rather, is it the case that she's had *too much* practice? I would investigate this by experimenting on myself, but I despise the taste of coffee and Redbull... so sadly the question will remain unanswered.

    These are really engaging and funny, Lynda. It took me a while to get into the swing of them, but now it's almost like a weekly television episode... only without the television. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As an insomniac trainee, she needs it, yes. I have to build her up to stay awake naturally without the need for caffeine, so I'll slowly cut down coffee and Redbull consumption as time passes.

      Don't stress it, though. It's for her own good. She has too much to do, and I think not sleeping will facilitate them for her lol.

      Delete
    2. Well, I tried the insomniac thing again last night, and failed miserably. I'm going for it again tonight, though.

      I *am* getting better about not needing as much coffee in the mornings, but that's really the wrong end of the day. Oh, sure, I'm glad to be waking up easier, but I need that staying power only insomnia can give.

      Delete
  3. Gosh Gals, ya'll are good at winging it or as we say in Texas 'flyin' by the seat of your Wranglers'. I've nearly worn out mine, so I know Ya when I see Ya! I wanna be an insomniac sometimes, too, but there is something in my nesting chair that knocks me out in no time. I get a couple of paragraphs read, or a row of stitchin' done and before I know it I'm sittin there slack jawed, droolin' and with a crick in my neck. Do you think Red Bull would help? I've got to go with H.C.....Red Bull and coffee...ick!

    Good to be back for your stimulating caffeine chat!
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well not at the same time! That would be ick!
      Redbull is for the night when she must stay up to edit, and coffee is for the morning when she has to go be a mother, wife, co-worker, human being, & coffee chatter. Oh, and if you truly (sometimes) want to be an insomniac the first step is to send me your nesting chair so I can catch some zzzzz's more often and you practice staying up. Whadya say? :D

      Delete
    2. I don't have a nesting chair, but there are a couple places (I often edit with my laptop in bed, for example) I just can't sit without getting instantly sleeping. I once fell asleep during an edit with my finger on the space bar, and woke to find a LOT of empty pages added. Thank goodness it was only space, and not "delete" or something more damaging.

      Delete
  4. I would have had a really witty comment to leave today, but I've been sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have laughed so hard . . . too bad. Feel better!

      Delete
    2. I'm going to laugh anyway, because I know your potential. Oh, my sides hurt already!

      Laughter is good medicine, so we need to be making YOU laugh instead. Feel better, Foxy.

      Delete
  5. I used to have a cat who sat up like that on the couch. He didn't use his paw to try to hide his private parts, though.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had no need to be prudish like AndyAndy. Your cat was proud of his body, that is all. o_0

      Delete
    2. I'm not entirely sure what AndyAndy is trying to cover, since he's dreadfully lacking in the "parts" department these days.

      He does like to sit up, against furniture, the steps, the wall, doors . . . it's pretty funny to observe him. Even when he's lying down flat, he has to have his head propped on a guitar case or table leg. He's weird, but we like him anyway.

      Delete
    3. his paw is not even in the right place to cover any "parts" he may have left

      Delete
  6. That reminds me of a joke. Did you hear about the insomniac, agnostic dyslexic? he would stay up all night wondering if there was a DOG. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Easy Reader" has been included in Sites To See #376. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/06/sites-to-see-376.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jerry! I love the way you promote other blogs. There's always such a varied selection featured. I'm thrilled to be listed this week.

      Delete
  8. Good morning, Ladies...

    Thanks for the book recommendations... Get some rest over the weekend. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on resting a little bit—as soon as I catch up. I did catch two extra hours' worth of sleep today, though, so every bit helps!

      Thanks for the visit, Michael!

      Delete
  9. I filled in some empty spaces on my TBR list, so thanks for that.

    Sorry the kilt venture didn't pan out. I happen to be fond of kilts for various reasons.

    I think a cat psychiatrist would suggest you help AndyAndy, with a slight change in his name. The poor boy's confused by repetition. AndyAndy, come come/herehere. That's why he sits contemplating his navel navel. ReallyReally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor AndyAndy has had a variety of names. His name was Roger when we got him from the shelter, and we just couldn't live with a cat named Roger (and he never answered to it, so out it went). Our daughter calls him Bat-Butt since his backside has markings that look like the Bat Signal. #2 Son calls him Burt Macklin, FBI, and #1 Son calls him Alfred to go with our other cat, Mort (who #1 Son calls Bruce). I think it quickly becomes clear why AndyAndy might need mental help. Just living in our household is confusing enough. Still, he thinks he's my bodyguard, so I'm guessing he likes my name for him best.

      Delete
  10. I find this cat really funny lol
    Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a great cat! He's as solid and furry as a polar bear. I can barely lift him.

      Delete
  11. Great post! Thanks for sharing! Goodbye!

    Fooled you. Would I leave such a vague comment? You know, I once had this thought of checking my eyelids for cracks. Then again, I might actually fall asleep. If I did that............um, sorry, where was I..........if I did that, I might not have finally got here to your latest coffee chit chat. Not saying that coffee talks, mind you.

    I think my comment is somewhat out of "kilter." This means that Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar has noted one of her adoring cat fans named AndyAndy.

    Thank you, you two lovely ladies.

    Have a real nice weekend n'stuff.

    Penny's fictional human,

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, great comment! Thanks for . . . uh . . . commenting!

      I think AndyAndy and Penny the Jack Russell dog and Modest Internet Superstar could be great friends.

      So I've got to know: did your eyelids have cracks or not?

      Delete
    2. Hey, um, E.R.,

      Great reply! Thanks for sharing! AndyAndy and Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar, are going to take over blogland. You have been warned.

      I'm typing this with my eyes closed at three in the morning. I can sort of see the screen through the cracks....

      Delete
    3. Eeek! I forgot what time it was in Gary-land. I hope I didn't wake you just so you could tell me about your cracks.

      Delete
    4. My cracks are beyond any time zone. That probably didn't sound right! That's it, time to seal my cracks.....

      Delete
  12. I play the maracas. I hold one in each foot while tooting out a tune on the recorder. You could say I'm a one ape band. I don't agree about musicians being insomniacs, though. If I suffered from insomnia I'd ask a monkey to drop a coconut on my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring your maracas anytime you visit, Gorilla Bananas! You sound like just the multi-talented visitor we've been waiting for.

      I'm not sure musicians are as much insomniacs as they are just on a different body clock than everyone else. Whaddya mean, normal people don't hit the sack at four a.m.?

      If a coconut fails to put you out, you can try the always-reliable frying pan. More accessible than coconuts, in most cases, unless you've seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail, in which case you know how far coconuts can travel via bird beak.

      Delete